Friday, February 26, 2010

Are People Ever really Satisfied?

As I am planning my own wedding and wondering what Mr.Vid and I will look back on later in life and wish we'd done differently I've come to ask myself over and over again is it possible to look back and say "That was perfect! I loved every aspect. I loved having 300 guests!" Or will every single Bride look back and wish ONE thing had been done a little or a lot differently?

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately.  Not posting much just because I don't have too much to say right now.  Wedding planning has kind of come to a lull and I'm grateful for that. I've read on nearly every blog that has gone back and reflected on their wedding's that although they did love their wedding they wished they'd done ______ differently.  

No two wishes are alike.  No one person could possibly tell me 'I did this and regret it and you will too' because my right and wrongs differs from yours.  I am so thankful today to have realized this so early in planning. I've been stressing out lately about the little things.  The chairs don't match our color scheme.  Yes, they do have linens to cover them and it'll be beautiful but really? At the end of the day who cares?  The only person who is going to pay that much attention to the chairs is ME. I have been allowing myself to get so caught up in the minor details that I've lost sight of the bigger picture . 

I am lucky enough to be marrying my best friend, my confidant, my rock, my favorite hug on a bad day, and most importantly my biggest supporter, emotionally and physically, in just 14 months. 

That right there reminds me that all the minor details don't matter.  All that matters is that he and I are surrounded by people who love us and care for us on the most exciting day of our lives yet. 

So I've promised myself to not focus on only the little details anymore because at the end of the day they're, just that, little details.  

In this post I am talking about the gorgeous brides who have gone back and reflected on the details 2-5 years later.  Many of you have focused on the bigger picture and for those of you who have thank you you've opened my eyes to the above and for that I will forever be grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment