Friday, December 18, 2009

It's a great day to be a Blazer!




Last night the Blazers played the Pheonix Suns! The Suns are one of the best teams in the NBA this year. Recently, the Blazers have lost 5 of our key players and hadn't been playing all that great. Tuesday night we opted out of going to the game because I did not feel well. We watched the game from our couch and as season ticket holders this is a rare ocassion. They won.


Yesterday, I left work early and went home to take a nap as I had a really bad head ache. Mr. Vid woke me up at 5 and had dinner sitting on the table for me. We ate and then left to meet our friends Jeff and Sarah for a few drinks before the game. I still had a head ache. Tylenol wasn't touching this thing. Typically the games are broadcasted on our local stations and occasionally on TNT. Last night was a TNT game and these always run late. The game was scheduled to start at 730 and actually started at 745. I was expecting it to start around 8 so this didn't bother me. Anyway, fast forward to 10, my head is still killing me and it's getting worse. The 3rd period ends we're down by 15 and Mr. Vid and I decide to leave. We get to the car and turn the radio on The Game (the station broadcasts all Blazers games) and we're with in 6. Mr. Vid is not happy. Then we're with in 2, then we're up 2... Now Mr. Vid is really uphappy. We made it home to watch the celebration on TV but it is not the same as being there and watching the biggest come back of the season live. We buy season tickets to go to games that END like last nights game ended and we missed it...


We will never leave a game early again..

No comments:

Post a Comment