Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Hi Ladies! 
I hope you had a fabulous weekend and an amazing Monday.
Adam was out of town this weekend so I had a wedding weekend planned but none of my to-do list was accomplished! 

He left Friday morning for Kennewick to visit his brother, Ben, for Ben's birthday. I was originally supposed to go but figured it would probably be best if I just stayed home to tackle wedding projects. 

Saturday morning I had plans to go shopping with my sister, mom & two best friends for bridal shower attire. My mom & I had planned to split off from there to go gather the goodies for the kids buckets. We were then going to assemble them and attempt our second shot at favors. That didn't go as planned though.
I was having a rough morning shopping.. Just one of those days when you just can't seem to find anything you love. We were at it for about 2 hours when we decided to go grab some lunch at The Ram. 

We walked to The Ram and the hostess told me that they didn't have a Gluten Free menu (if you would like to read more about my journey going Gluten Free read here.) but that our waitress would have a list of Gluten Free options. Everyone was ready to order about 5 minutes after sitting down. Our waitress came over & I asked about their GF options & she said they had none. If I wanted a GF meal they had to make serious modifications. This normally wouldn't be a big deal but I thought they had a list of options that were easily modified to be GF or were already GF. I was so hungry, hadn't even glanced at the menu & had to find something to eat quickly. After some serious frustration I figured something out & we ordered. I made sure the waitress knew I have Celiac & she was fabulous. She asked a ton of questions to make sure that she got it right with the chef. Well our food comes out & I look down to see that my steak has an onion ring on top of it... I couldn't even talk. I just started crying. The poor manager didn't know what to do. He just looked at me, looked at my mom, sister & friends with an unsure look that my sister said was an "Crap, I screwed that up big time" look. My sister told him what was up & he quickly removed my plate, brought my out a baked potato & had my new steak prepared correctly out with in 5 minutes! I ate & my emotions changed pretty quickly. This was my first melt down in 12 weeks but it was major!

After lunch we went back to shopping and I did end up finding an adorable outfit for my bridal shower. You'll be able to see that next week when I do the Bridal Shower recap Sunday evening. 

Sunday afternoon Adam got home at about 4 and said "We have to leave by 430, Trent is giving us their courtside seats for tonights game as a Wedding Gift!" Say what?? We had awesome seats. We were on the floor with only 2 people in between us and the court! We had so much fun. 

The Blazers played the Dallas Mavericks and we came out on top! The guys played awesome and we definitely caught some awesome plays up close and personal! I was proud of myself for remembering to charge my camera! :) Enjoy the pics! 


Brandon Roy 
Nicholas Batum
 Rudy Fernandez
 Gerald Wallace, LaMarcus Aldridge & Andre Miller

Nicholas Batum, Brandon Roy & Wesley Matthews


** Please do not steal my pictures. These pictures are property of mrsvid.blogspot.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment