Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Must learn to say no..


Words of wisdom - Don't say yes to driving your friends mom 16 hours in a car without really knowing the person first.  Mr. and I went to Palm Springs for the weekend for a little bit of business and a lot of play and we drove my friends mom down with us (she flew back, thank God!) the woman didn't stop talking for more than 20 seconds the entire 16 hours.  I felt so bad for Mr. He is the quite type and usually on long drives we listen to music and talk about random stuff here and there but overall the drive is pretty quite and we just enjoy the silence.. Not this time. The last 100 miles he gave me many death glares. We will never be the nice guys and say yes again.

Overall though we had an awesome trip! We had the opportunity to talk to some people who are doing really awesome things in my company and I learned so much! We really were able to spend a lot of quality time with amazing people and a lot of time laying by the pool with yummy drinks! Although, Mr. did get caught sneaking his own beer in to the pool.. He was just asked to take it back up to the room. We are both already looking forward to our trip next summer but we will be flying! I don't have any pictures yet but I'll be sure to post some in the next couple of days after I steal some from others who went too! 

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?

1 comment:

  1. aww yea a 16 hr trip can be harsh. Me and my fiance drove 12 hours back and forth to drop his daughters off with their mom. That was long but fun. We ended up staying overnight in Indiana like I suggested otherwise we probably would have crashed into something on the way back.

    This weekend was good though, bought some wedding items for DIY things.

    ReplyDelete